Click here to expand donation informationCurrent Donations
View Thread
DoGz Gaming Clan » DoGz Servers » Batty Maps
 Print Thread
CSS MAP - SURF
Batty
I'm not dead! ...

MOD SERIES - SURF
Hello! and welcome to a new series off the BattyMaps line-up! I respectfully refer to this new series as the MOD Series, which will feature all the other various MODS in CSS that simply are not as awesome as the ever-awesome GunGame mod that WE use daily.

First up on the list is "SURF"

This, much like all the other maps in this series, will have a simply layout for quick and easy gaming that will remain someone relative to the MOD themed in them. Mostly the theme will be demonstrated with an advanced custom made 3D skybox, which you can clearly see in the demo below. Being a 3D demo, all the extra space and props and so forth surrounding the maps will not add to rendering or lag, which is brilliant.

So, without further ado, I give you the first of the MOD Series, "SURF"

SURF DEMO

YouTube Video

You can find the download via zip folder below!
Batty attached the following file:
gg_dogz-bm_surf.zip [1.55MB / 692 Downloads]

Edited by Batty on 19-08-2012 12:01
Please feel free to comment on my Map Upload threads. Your comments and suggestions help me make better maps for the DoGz!!
P.S. Click the Banner for instant teleportationism to the BattyMaps section of the forum! =3
i778.photobucket.com/albums/yy63/bailey_bat/BattyMapsSig.gif

Batty
Still havn't seen this or BHOP on our servers. Was it rejected?
Please feel free to comment on my Map Upload threads. Your comments and suggestions help me make better maps for the DoGz!!
P.S. Click the Banner for instant teleportationism to the BattyMaps section of the forum! =3

TigerOx
I'm not in love with it..lol

Sorry Batty, I'm not sure about this one.

Kush
Aw no surfing involved in a map titled "surf". It would be cool if you made some ramps in the map itself that you could jump off of and surf. Like in texture jungle there is a ramp in the back that you must surf to get to that ladder, maybe something like that.

Carrottop
That is what i was thinking that you where going to be able to surf on it a little sad about it lol.
gameme.dogzgaming.com/sig/974_101.png

Batty
lol i was making Mod Themed maps, i figured actually having a surf aspect would bog down gameplay. It's looks pretty though! D=

Sniper Jesus
i can tell you now convoy gets rtvs 99% of the time...
Edited by Sniper Jesus on 21-08-2011 22:19
img826.imageshack.us/img826/7615/24ceck7.gif

Batty
which is a real shame, I loved the concept of that map. People would complain about falling off, god forbid they strategically watch their footing =P but oh well, try and fail, no love lossed.

Scooby
Well I've also seen like two maps fail and then someone has the bright idea of bringing them together to create one better map. Don't despare.....

Sniper Jesus
Bailey Bat wrote:
which is a real shame, I loved the concept of that map. People would complain about falling off, god forbid they strategically watch their footing =P but oh well, try and fail, no love lossed.

if you happened to modify the map so that one of the falls moved you one direction and the other fail moved the other(so you have moving floors going to and from both spawns) and maybe a small wall or something that you can get on and climb back to the three main platforms from so you don't suicide if your terrible.... yet to prevent people from just whoring the wall "electrify" it or make it "radioactive" so it does damage over time to people on it. could make it fun

Batty
Well the problem with that, sadly, is that the hover-trains are moving in one direction. having people go the opposite way wouldn't make much sense and that would simply be abused by players who want to speedily rush the other spawn.

However... what i CAN do is make it so instead of dying, falling off the train simply ports the player back to their respective spawns. You can make portals Team based.

The only problem with this, sadly, is that people have seen the current version so long that they wouldn't play the update to notice the change.

Stumpy
Wouldn't the portals be abused as well though? I mean if I saw like 3 people rushing me I would just drop down so after killing one so I could come back and kill the rest. Plus it would piss me off if I was shooting at someone and they just ported back to their spawn.
gameme.dogzgaming.com/sig/98299_101.png

Batty
well I'd rather people exploit something then not play it at all. I don't like my maps getting a big red X on them. Keep in mind that there's still quite a bit of distance between the last car and the barrier for people to be shot in the open.

besides, no worse then those who camp in opposite spawn and kill people as they come back to life.

I may redo the whole damn thing to be sideways. Like... 5 trains side by side but with only 3 cars each (rather then 3 trains with 5 cars like now) and have people move from train to train, with the scenery moving South where as the players have to walk East/West to fight, that way no one has an advantage of spawn placement. How's that sound?

Sniper Jesus
well i think the whole reason the map is not played is because of the fact its on hover cars and the real ground moves....have you thought of redoing the map and making the floor look like its moving but actually not and putting in places to crouch behind like you would find in a train yard? so in effect making it a working triple level map?(ground, car, top of box)

Mastodon
It looks pretty cool. i think it will be great. hopefully it replaces Funtimes. which is never going to happen.
hlstatsx.dogzgaming.com/sig-55227-random.png

Batty
I think making the ground not move would simply defeat the purpose. CS already has a trainyard map by default.

Evil_Zodiac
Stumpy wrote:
Wouldn't the portals be abused as well though? I mean if I saw like 3 people rushing me I would just drop down so after killing one so I could come back and kill the rest. Plus it would piss me off if I was shooting at someone and they just ported back to their spawn.

thats just smart strats though! its no different then churches v. 2 if someone was on the top of the church killed a few ppl and then jumps down to the ladder in the cript to keep the game alive.
gameme.dogzgaming.com/sig/227_101.png

"Hey!, Hey! I'm Gonna Have To Ask You To Go Fuck Yourself!!!"- [*DoGz*] Evil_Zodiac

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=500209543
Sniper Jesus
Bailey Bat wrote:
I think making the ground not move would simply defeat the purpose. CS already has a trainyard map by default.

well true on the de_train map but its fucking huge, not for gg......you could always make a new smaller one for gg but I understand you reasoning. I still don't think it defeats the purpose because i like stable floors!!!!!!!!!!!!! time for a new map, whats next? the planet hoth? or inside the deathstar?

Batty
eeehhh I'm not really much for Star Wars.

TigerOx
Our DM Overflow server basically only runs Batty maps, and Funtimes/Iceworld.

Jump to Forum: